Sunday, August 2, 2015

I've got your back!

Tonight I am having a hard time... Rather than telling me to toughen up or dismiss my feelings, you decided to tell me the sweetest thing I would want to hear at this moment. "I've got your back!" My anger, my frustration, my drowning feeling instantly subsided. I'm still a little upset but the fact that I have someone to stand me up when I have fallen makes up for it. I look at your things around the house in total admiration. You can be hundreds of miles away and yet I still feel so safe and so loved. I just want you to know that I am in complete awe of how amazing you are. You are bold, and fearless in ways I have never seen before... because behind all of that brave stuff I know that you still have a heart. You're not going to go out of your way to be nasty to someone just because you can. You are a man! The definition of a man. You stick up for what is right in the world, whether it is easy or hard. You love with a heart of gold (that is my favorite expression that my grams says). I will never be able to repay you for all of the wonderful things you have done and continue to do for me. I do not know why God thought that I deserved you but I will be forever grateful. I will never look at you and want you to leave. I want you to be my forever, just as much as I want to be yours. You've showed me what it means to love a person's soul. I know I am far from perfect in so many aspects and yet you love me. THANK YOU for loving me. Thank you for being my spine when my own doesn't work. Thank you for giving me the chance to have you in my life. It is the easiest and best decision I have ever made.






-NorthSlopeWife

No comments:

Post a Comment