Friday, May 12, 2017

Alone

You were in my dreams last night...
I couldn't save you!
I woke with a guilt that I haven't let myself feel yet.
My ideal of love and friendship was not enough.
I was being selfish.
I remember many times you tried to reach out without success.
I am sorry!
There are so many things left undone and unsaid.
I hope you're happy and unafraid!
I hope you feel love beyond the universe.
You were the bravest person I've ever known.
I hope you don't feel lonely.
My biggest fear is that you're alone.
They say you feel your loved ones when they're gone.
I don't feel you and it scares me.
I listen to songs that remind me of you.
I do and say things that I think you would do,
but it all feels empty.
I wish I knew where you were.
I love you, you beautiful soul!
-NorthSlopeWife


No comments:

Post a Comment